Praising God brings joy and healing!

One day, I had a headache, so I stayed home from work and prayed... and prayed and prayed and prayed.... 

Hours later, I was still not feeling any better.  I stopped "praying", which at that point was really just me doing a lot of talking to myself, and I became still.  "What should I do?", I asked.  I sat still and silent for a few moments and just listened.  Then a thought came to me: "Maybe you can't change how your body feels, but nothing can stop you from rejoicing and loving God".

So, I put on some music, some songs that praised God.  I sat on the floor and sang along.  At first I was just singing softly, but gradually, I raised my voice to it's loudest volume and just belted out the words.  I felt my heart lift in inspiration...something in me started to glow... a warm surge of joy came over me... and then suddenly, without any warning, I sneezed so hard that I fell over backwards!

I sat upright again and thought, "Wow, where did that come from?"  Then I realized that the headache was gone.  I felt perfect... and the headache never returned!

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:"  Psalms 92


This post was inspired by Jake Lowe's post at: http://jlowecs.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/its-ok-go-ahead-and-laugh/

2 comments:

Patrick Collins said...

I'm loving your stories. I fund you from comments you made on my blogs. I am sending this one to my wife's PC. She will benefit from this one. Thanks for sharing your healing thoughts and PRAISE.

Colin said...

You are welcome, Patrick. Thank you for commenting!